Answers to all of your questions regarding Blue Protocol.
Last Updated: April 26, 2021.
Q. When will the next testing phase be? When will the game release?
- There has been no announcement yet as to when the next testing phase will happen, nor when the official release will be. We will have an article on the News page when an official date has been set, or when we know about another testing phase. You can follow us on Twitter or join us on Discord to stay up to date with the latest news.
Q. Will there be a global release for Blue Protocol?
- The Blue Protocol Development Stream #3 confirmed that they do have plans to release the game globally to certain regions. However, everything is subject to change at their own discretion. The team currently plans to focus on the Japanese version of the game to have a successful launch. Once the game successfully launches in Japan, then they will plan to release on a worldwide scale.
Q. Is Blue Protocol testing region locked?
- The short answer, kind of. Bandai Namco goes through great lengths to block non-native Japanese residents when applying for their testing phases. VPNs are not 100% foolproof. However, it is suggested to use a VPN to increase the chances of potentially being able to play.
Q. Is Blue Protocol F2P?
- Blue Protocol will have a F2P (free-to-play) model that consists of an Item Shop. This shop will include cosmetic related items. Additionally, they may implement a season pass system as well.
Q. What classes are available? Will they add new ones?
- Currently, there are four classes which are known as the Aegis Fighter, Twin Striker, Blast Archer, and Spell Caster. At the moment, they do not plan to add new classes anytime soon. However, this does not mean that they won’t do so later on. Instead, they will focus on adding modifications which allows the existing classes to grow in different directions.
Q. Are the classes gender locked?
- No, classes are not gender locked.
Q. Will Blue Protocol have a trinity system? (Tank, Healer and DPS roles)
- Typically in a traditional MMORPG you would have the Tank, Healer, and DPS role. However, in Blue Protocol, the classes function a bit differently. Certain classes will have a self-heal or party heal available. They also do have skills which increase your threat generation on monsters. Classes are tentative, and everchanging!
Q. Can you change channels freely in the game? (Channel 1, 2, 3, etc.)
- Currently no. Each zone has a player limit. Once that limit is reached, you will be phased into another channel. The only way to visit other members is to travel through the party menu to them. This system is tentative, and may change for future testing phases.
Q. Is Blue Protocol under an NDA?
- No. You are now able to share videos and screenshots freely as long as they follow the Bandai Namco Terms of Service.
Q. Is there PvP?
- No. There are no plans to add traditional PvP into Blue Protocol. Instead, they implemented an Arena system into Asterleeds where you can compete in rankings via PvE Party content. PvP is tentative and may be added in at a later time as it is not the main focus.
Q. What is the plot for Blue Protocol?
- Regnus, a planet once ruled by a divine tribe, thrived using a mystical light. Many millennia later, what remains are their ruins, treasures, and a dark secret. Once the divine tribes left for the heavens, an era of human rule arrived in search of the remaining light. People stepped foot into the ruins of the Bapharia to locate lost technology, shining treasures, monsters attacking, and towering ancient structures. Fighting for the fate of the planet, a new page in Regnus’ history will begin.
- The story of our protagonist begins with two dimensional beings appearing in the Asterleeds Cathedral. They claim to have traveled back thousands of years through time and space. Their goal was to release Avalitia, a monster from fairy tales, to change humanity for the greater good. Upon learning of their existence, the dimensional beings bestow their explanations to us, forcing us to choose an ultimatum. Now, you have to make a choice as to whether you stand together with these weary beings, or perish forever. Take it into your own hands to unravel the truths of Avalitia and the world of Regnus. Locate your missing memories and set out on a dangerous journey.
Q. Is there any news on console support?
- While we can only speculate, there currently isn’t any official word on console support. However, there were a few reports about datamined files which hinted at Xbox and PlayStation information. If we had to speculate, given it is Bandai Namco, there may be a possible development to allow users to play through consoles in the future. As for controller support, you are able to play Blue Protocol using your controller!
Q. Is Blue Protocol an MMORPG?
- Yes. Blue Protocol has many online elements that feature party play with an emphasis on strategic teamwork. The game contains loading screens between zones similar to other MMORPG’s on the market and each zone is replicated according to the amount of channels the Blue Protocol server needs.
Q. Will there be guilds in Blue Protocol?
- Yes. They will be implemented eventually.
Q. How do I invite a friend to the upcoming Closed Beta?
- Instructions on how to invite a friend to the Closed Beta can be located here.
Q. Is my Bandai Namco ID required to have Japan selected as my country of residence to participate?
- Yes. If you did not register your account with Japan selected as your country of residence then you cannot send in an application. It is required.