Applying for the Network Test
A VPN for Blue Protocol Network Test is mandatory, since it is a requirement to be a resident of Japan to play. This also includes using a VPN during your application process to register for the Network Test. Should you want to improve you performance to the server or eliminate any issues from playing overseas, this would be a great option to do so. Since you get a free 3 days trial, you can use it to play the Network Test without having to buy a subscription.
Using ExitLag is very simple. To start, follow the process below.
1. Proceed to the website here and then click on the “FREE TRIAL” button to register your account.
2. After you have created your account, make sure to verify your email to receive your free trial. Proceed to the “My Account” section in the top right corner of the website.
3. Download and install the ExitLag Client from the left navigation bar by selecting “Download ExitLag” through the “My Account” section on the website.
4. After installing, open the ExitLag Client and login with your personal information.
5. Locate the search bar in the top left area of the client and input “Blue Protocol”. Then proceed by selecting “Blue Protocol” from the drop down menu.
6. Before you select the routing from the drop down menu, try to experiment with the option called “Use the routes within my country first”. Usually, this option gives the best ping performance for routing. If this option does not work well, you can turn it off and see if the latency numbers improve. You can then proceed to select the routing from the drop-down menu and locate the node which offers you the best latency to the game. You may then press”Apply Routes” on the bottom to confirm your decision. Shuffle through the nodes and see which options work best for you!
7. All done! Make sure that when you go back to the ExitLag Main Menu, that you have a red dot glowing underneath Blue Protocol to indicate that it is working. You can now launch your Blue Protocol client and play the game. When you launch the client, you will see connections appear in the ExitLag client.
VPN for JP Website
Should you want to log into the OFFICIAL Blue Protocol Website and browse the internet with a Japanese IP, follow the steps below.